Attitude and Sleep

Okay, I am totally in need of an attitude adjustment and sleep. So, last night around 4am I decided that I will change my attitude and start focusing on what's going right AND I will sleep with or without the help of medication. I'm sure I'll have the occasional bad day and sleepless night but I won't live there anymore. How about that for a declaration!



So, what's going right?



Mom has stage 2 cancer, very treatable. She will dance with NED very soon. Learning cancer lingo from the colon club. (another thing going right) NED stands for No Existing Disease and I can't wait for that moment.



Mom has great doctors. In fact, someone told mom that her doctor is the top oncologist here. Her radiologist is pretty great too (currently on vacation for the past 2 weeks and mom's left seeing the dingy doc) but, back to what's right. Her radiologist really has the ability to connect with patients that so many docs lack. She leaves you feeling confident that you're in good hands. And you can tell she is extremely passionate about fighting cancer. So, all the way around, mom likes her doctors and is in good, caring hands. We did not pick her doctors, but I know they were chosen.

Mom has anxiety sitting in waiting rooms, which can be a problem since she has to sit and wait for her turn at radiation every Monday through Friday at the hospital. They are suppose to get you in and out in minutes but there's 2 machines and 1 has broke down repeatedly over the past week. I guess the two radiation machines are different. Mom's machine is not the one that keeps breaking down, it's the other. Talking to one of the breast cancer patients, she complained that she has repeatedly had to wait 2 and 3 hours to take her turn on the machine. Although mom's machine doesn't break down, the line of people waiting can still get long. However, the technician really likes mom and gets her in quickly. In fact today, when he came and got Mom for her daily dose of radiation, one patient retorted, "Your mom sure does get in and out quick." (definite hint of envy)

Mom is here rather than on the mountain where finding a good doctor is a problem. Also, I would go crazy if she were 1000 miles away and I couldn't be there for her. She has good insurance thanks to dad, they've been without any insurance for the past 7 years. (could have been financially disastrous) Right place, Right time.

On a personal note, I've got the best husband in the world. He's taking up the slack and believe me there's a lot of it. I'm gone a lot and when I'm home, I'm still gone. Did that make since? In any case, he's about as understanding as they come, giving me the opportunity to be there for my mom.

I have incredible friends and family who have already done so much.

So, I must say, even if there's no sudden healing I still know that He's taking care of her. One way or another, He's got her covered.

So, It's time to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner