Another Day in Paradise

This is the life. I swear, I could get use to this. We've had breakfast made for us each morning. Maria, our cook, is awesome. She's made huevos rancheros, french toast and a huge bowl of bacon and fresh fruit. All of it is sooo good, but I pretty much concentrate on the Kiwi, Strawberries, Bananas and Pineapple. Oh, and the fresh squeezed orange juice will totally spoil you too.

We've spent the days on the beach drinking margaritas and eating chips, guacamole and salsa. Friday afternoon, Sam saw the ocean for the first time and together we stuck our feet in officially kicking off the week of fun. Saturday and Sunday, we stayed on the beach in Mesmolya which is just down from our villa. Ramone was our beach bartender last time we were in Puerta Vallarta. He's not there anymore so we found a new bartender or I should say, she found us. Brenda took us to Margaritaville with Mango and Strawberry Margaritas and even a couple shots of Tequila. Sunday, yo estoy muey borracho. How drunk was I, you ask? I'm not sure. I didn't throw up or pass out, but I did pick up a jellyfish (luckily it didn't sting me) and took a picture with an iguana on my head. (I'll post that pic later) Sam and I had massages on the beach (totally awesome and priced right at $25.00 per hour), got a couple of tattoos (it's a real beauty . . . how it got here I haven't a clue) and all in all had the time of our life.

Today, Brenda and her husband took us south of Mesmoyla by boat. They have a fishing boat with the motor at the back which you use to steer. We started the day snorkeling at the big rocks directly across from our villa. Hubby pulled some hermit crabs off a reef for me to see. One was in a purple looking shell, it was so pretty. Afterwards, we headed south for Yulapa. About halfway there, we ran into a school of dolphin. There's no telling how many there were but I'm not kidding, they were jumping out of the water all around us. They even swam next to the boat for a while. I could have reached out and touched them, they were so close.

Both Sam and I agree, the beaches south of Mesmoyla are awesome. There's no road, you must travel by boat to get there. Those beaches have better sand (Mesmoyla is rockier) and the water is crystal clear with a shade of aqua near the shore and a deep blue further out. Hubby and I para-sailed at one of the beaches. It was exhilarating soaring like a bird over the beach and ocean. Everyone on shore looked like ants. It was a little scary coming in for the landing because for a moment you are directly over the huts on the beach rather than the ocean.

We've hit town to shop and hang out several evenings as well. Some nights we took a taxi but the last couple of times, we rode the bus. I'd say both are equally interesting. All of the taxi drivers here could qualify in Nascar races, no lie. They zoom up and down the streets like their being chased by the Road Runner. The bus drivers are just as fearless. Even though their mode of transportation can't go as fast as the taxi's, they push it to the limit and amazingly cut through the crowded streets of Puerta Vallarta with only inches to spare from cars, street signs and pedestrians. I love to watch, listen and sometimes even talk to the locals. My Spanish is pretty weak but it's fun trying anyway. Tonight, we ate at my parents favorite restaurant, Daiquiri Dick's. The menu has changed from the last time we were there, but it is still good.

After breakfast tomorrow, we'll go back to the beach for the majority of the day. We are going on the zip line tour in the jungle on Wednesday and plan to do the Rhythms of the Night Boat Cruise later this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner