Mom Hit the Mall

Mom's getting better and better. This past weekend, she went shopping and bought new clothes. Sunday, I swung by the house to check out her new duds. I'm going to borrow her new suit, if I can squeeze into it.

She still has rotten days, bathroom issues occasionally, and pretty persistent nausea but in Dad's words, "She's turn the corner." Thank you, God.

I cleaned out my purse today. Way past due. I found a blog I'd written at a doctor's appt a while ago. It goes like this;

In talking to a friend, I realized. . . it's not the Cancer. It's the loss of control. I really couldn't see it before. What is my deal? I really need to get a grip!

I thought I was stronger than this, much more capable. This might be extremely naive, but I honestly lived almost 37 years thinking that life makes since. You know, good things happen to good people. . . the early bird gets the worm. . . if you think you can, you can. . .and so on. . .

The realization that, that's not always true has me in pieces.

I know, pretty pathetic, huh. Not sure why I decided to post it now, but there it is.

I'm in St. Louis, hubby is driving back from Kansas City, and the kids are with Grandma and Paw Paw. I miss them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner