The Jerk up the Road

My friends can irritate me, my hubby can make me flat mad, but when you mess with my kids, I’m ready to fight. All rational thoughts, maturity and actions disappear and I have a one track mind. I like to think of it as a fierce sense of protection for my kids, but it might just be plain, all out, revenge.

Today hubby and I had a talk with Little Man about getting out and playing with the neighborhood kids. It was a beautiful day, kids were playing all around, and our Little Man was in his room by himself playing video games.

He did as he was asked and played with a couple of girls across the street until they went in for dinner. He then went to play with a couple of boys up the street. One of the boys was a total jerk and clearly made it known that Little Man was not welcomed to join them. And evidently this wasn’t the first time, this kid has been a jerk to my son.

The thought of anyone mistreating either one of my kids makes me crazy. I seriously want to march over to that kid’s house and give him a piece of my mind and a good swift kick in the pants.

I know I’m the adult and should rise above childish ways, as hubby says “that’s just kids being kids.” But that’s not helping to put it into perspective. This kid hung out with my son just last week. He swam in our pool. I gave him a ride on the Razor. Lord help him when he comes knocking on our door again.

Yea, I really need to go to church tomorrow and hear more on Love One Another, because this kid has struck a nerve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner