The Tooth Fairy

The other day at school, my Little Man lost a tooth. He's been visiting the school nurse every day for the last week seeking medical advice and a general time frame on when it will fall out. She was probably one visit away from yanking it from his head in sheer frustration.

She gave him a cute little container to put it in and he was back off to class like a king caring his most precious possession. I don't know exactly what happened but somehow he lost it. According to him, it was there and then it just. . . poof . . . disappeared. In reality, I'm sure he just showed it off one too many times.

If I know my son and I do, he was seconds away from complete meltdown, tears welling up in his eyes, and the end of his world approaching fast. His teacher, so quick and witty, saves the day. She says, "Find a rock that looks like a tooth, the tooth fairy won't know the difference." What an amazing woman, her solution, simple and perfect. And he bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Bedtime is a breeze and the Tooth Fairy is on her way. It's weird! A couple of years ago, Little Man starting questioning Santa and finally concluded Santa is not real. However, he believes in the Tooth Fairy 100%. He told me that the Tooth Fairy brought a little girl in his class, $14.00 for her last tooth. Can you believe that?

I'm running around the house trying to scrape up at least $5.00. Before, the Tooth Fairy only left a dollar per tooth, but she just happened to be in a most generous mood and left $5.00 for the last tooth. Come to think of it, Mommy and Daddy were on vacation and Nana happen to be watching the kids, thanks alot!

While my husband is giving me . . . that, $5.00 is too much, look. . . following me from room to room as I dig up change, I finally have $5.00 in quarters, dimes, nickels, and, yes, pennies. I grab Baby Girls piggy bank and exchange the change for dollars, sneak into Little Man's room, pick up the fake tooth, and leave the money.

The next morning, Little Man comes running into my room, dancing around with the money, so excited the Tooth Fairy came. Baby girl is disgusted and demands she wants money too. Little Man says, "No problem, I'll help you find a rock that looks like a tooth, put it under your pillow at bedtime, and the Tooth Fairy will come tonight." He looks at me and says . . .

"You know Mom, the Tooth Fairy won't know the difference!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner