Help Needed

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged. I miss it terribly. So much has happened, many of which would have made killer blogs, like this:

I interviewed between 40 and 50 teachers. I'm looking forward to working with them. In looking for some bilingual assistants, I ran into some pretty interesting people as well.

One was from Peru but she's been in the States for the past 9 years. She's going through a divorce b/c her husband says she's too Americanized. Ten years ago, her parents had her make a video for American men who were looking for a slave, I mean wife. This guy chose her, he flew to Peru and married her, 2 months later, she's leaves her country, family, and friends and moves to the States. She doesn't speak English, he doesn't speak Spanish. It's a match made in Heaven. Two children later, she wants to venture out of the house and make a life for herself, and he's ready to look at new videos.

Another interesting meeting was with a lady from Mexico. She was your typical churchy, over-the-top definitely not grounded, missionary to the States from Mexico. She was seeking employment to pay for upcoming mission trips abroad. She had a green card, but in bright red letters it said, not authorized for employment. No problem.... b/c she said she'd offer her services in exchange I would make "donations" to her church and in return they would give her the money. Sounds like a great church, huh. While waiting for a smile and reply that I had been set-up by some cool, totally new hip reality series, I ended the meeting with thank you and I'd be in contact, yea right.

I actually found someone who is bilingual, eager to work, and Legal. (or so I thought) She's legally here in the U.S. but she's driving illegally. She is without a license or insurance. Great! So, we have to let her go.

I really want to keep blogging b/c so much has happened in the past 4 weeks, but the kids are hungry, the puppy's diaper needs to be changed (I'll save that blog for later), and Amazing Race starts in an hour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner