Busy Again

Forgive me, it's been over a month since my last post. Seriously, I've always wanted to go to confession. I'm not Catholic but I did go to mass a few weeks ago. It was cool, just not my thing.

This past month has been crazy. Summer left without warning. I really thought we had more time, until we didn't. Although I couldn't be there because of work, the kids started school a couple of weeks ago. So far so good. Baby Girl loves the 1st grade but is not at all happy about homework. Suggested by her mother, Babygirl joined a soccer team. They are the Strikers. I know nothing about the sport but she's having a blast. It's pretty time consuming with practice every Tuesday and Thursday and games on Saturdays. Their first game is this week. I also gave permission and even encouraged her to join the Girl Scouts. She is extremely excited about camping out next month. Hubby and I are excited that the meetings take place at the school (after school) so we don't have to drive her anywhere. Hubby reminds me daily how I broke the 1 activity at a time rule.

After the first week of school, Babygirl shared a "secret" with me at bedtime about some friends in her class. Okay, stay with me . . . this gets complicated. She said that her friend Reece likes her new friend Kinsey. She clarified that Kinsey only likes Reece as her friend but Reece wants to be her boyfriend. Giggling she went on to say that Reece does whatever Kinsey says, EVEN when he doesn't want to. Wow, it starts early doesn't it! Anyway, she then said that her brother, Little Man, and his friend keep making fun of her saying that Davis (a boy in her class) is her "boyfriend". She promises me that she only likes Davis as a friend, not a boyfriend. Off the subject, I mention that we might have one last pool party before it gets cold, who would she want to invite. Guess who was numero uno?


DAVIS! (Hmmmm, could it be love at the age of 6 years old). I'm friends with Davis' mom and of course told her all about our talk. We decide they're a perfect match! Our work is done, it's arranged, they will wed, date tba. Isn't he a cutie!

I've stopped going to church and decided to fly solo for a while. My friend advised me to be still and quiet to hear God's voice. Okay, I'm not so good in that department so I'm taking meditation classes to become better at still and quiet. I'm really enjoying trying to meditate. When going to my last class, Babygirl asked where I was going? I said meditation classes. She asked me why and I said to find peace. Her face lit up as she said she knows how to find peace. Her directions to me were to sit criss-cross applesauce, fold my hands in prayer and say OMMMMM, OMMMMM over and over. Little Man's advice for peace was to read a book. They're better than Dr. Phil.

The other day at home Baby Girl asked, "When are we going to go to church?" I said, "I think we'll have church right here." Puzzled, she looked around the house and asked, "You mean, everyone's coming here for church?" Now that had me laughing out loud.

Little Man has had a pretty exciting start to 4th grade. He was asked by the counselor to be a member of the Bucket Club. It's a group that meets every Friday before school to discuss problems, concerns and ideas left anonymously by fellow students. These messages are put in a bucket located in the school and are discussed every Friday, thus they are the bucket club. Cool idea!

A couple of weeks ago Little Man came home from school wanting to run for Student Council. I wasn't excited about the idea knowing how these things usually go to the popular kids. I, of course, didn't tell him no but warned him how school elections are more like popularity contests. How's that for adult insecurity? It didn't phase him, thank goodness. Writtenwordlover's hubby gave us a great slogan, "Chase your fears, Fleming is here." Hubby put it on a t-shirt that he wore the day of the election.




He had a wonderfully talented professional write an amazingly, persuasive campaign speech, wonder who that is? This same talent was planning an ambush to knock out each and every student who didn't vote for said candidate. The votes were cast and Little Man WON! He's one of this year's 4th grade representative. Grandparents came over to celebrate the victory with pizza, cake, and a congrats balloon and card. It's not every day you win an election! He had his first council meeting today and loved it. He told me all about their discussions and getting to vote by saying "I" and "Nay". Little Man has also joined a bowling league, something he's been hounding me about all summer long. He's on a team of 3 and bowls every Saturday. I guess hubby and I will have to take turns going to his bowling and Babygirls soccer games.

I've discovered facebook over the past month. It's dangerously time-consuming but tons of fun. My sister and neice came to visit over Labor Day Weekend. We had so much fun. Check out the pics.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner