What A Week!

What a week!

I bought school supplies. It was expensive this year. Okay, so I couldn't help buying some things not on the list of which hubby took most back. But this year, Baby Girl's teacher asked for not 1 but 4 boxes of 24 count Crayola Crayons and again not 1 but 4 boxes of Crayola Markers. So, I can read on the box that Crayola is preferred by teachers but their price versus the generic is not preferred by me. And besides, does Baby Girl really need 4 boxes of crayons? I still have her supply box from last year which has perfectly good markers and crayons in it. Hubby thinks we are supplying for others who can't or won't buy their kid's school supplies. Maybe so?

My Aunt Emily is in town. We went to the mall to do some shopping. Our first and only stop was Macy's. We spent over 3 hours in that store and never made it to any of the others. Macy's has the best clearance. I found really cute costume jewelry; a ring for $6.00 and a necklace and bracelet for $12.00. Hubby says it's gonna turn me green, we'll see. I also found 4 tops and a pair of black dress pants all for $37.00. I thought hubby was gonna shoot me for bringing home another pair of black pants. My philosophy is when in doubt wear black. Therefore, I probably have over 10 pairs of black pants/capris in my closet. Anyway, I loved shopping with my aunt. Like me, she can spend hours in 1 store.

I worked some on the computer. I had to input data for the Memphis School District as well as turn in paperwork for the Missouri Department of Education. And so it begins, my calendar is coming alive with meetings, vendor fairs and school functions over the next couple of months. I'm not ready but ready or not it's gonna start August 12th and 13th with vendor fairs in St. Louis. Those are the same dates as my kids "Meet the Teacher" night and 1st day of school. I'm sick over having to miss that.

Hubby won Aerosmith tickets from a local radio station. Neither of us are big on concerts, but I must say Aerosmith was awesome! I'd definitely go see them again. The lead singer Stephen Tyler is quite the performer and his voice is amazing. He sounds as good live as he does on his cds all while running from one end of the stage to the other. The man is 61 years old and still rock'n it and pulling crowds ranging from teenagers to senior citizens. Aerosmith is one of Little Man's favorite rock bands so we brought him back a tshirt. He was thrilled!

Last night I went with a friend to see the musical Wicked. I've only been to the Performing Arts Center one other time to see The Nutcracker. Call me weird but I didn't like it. I guess I'm just not into ballet but I loved last night's musical. I think I'll try more musicals in the future. My friend's daughter is in the same class as Baby Girl. She also was on our Tball team. We're talking about taking the girls to see Wizard of Oz coming next summer.

I just recently got on Facebook. Okay, maybe the new will wear off soon but for now, I'm addicted. I've found gobs of friends, most of which I haven't seen or talk to in years. I've downloaded all sorts of pictures. I joined a mafia although I don't know how to play the game. All in all, I'm loving facebook!

We only have 1 more week until school (and work) starts back. Summer flew by, I guess it always does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner