Jesus loves me, this I know

Baby Girl told me that she was going to try real hard to be good so she can get to heaven. She wants to go there with Great Paw Paw, who is close to flying away, and the rest of us when it's our turn to make the trip up yonder. Until a few weeks ago, my reply would have been something like “That’s right, if you’re really good, you will go to heaven too.” After all, the road to heaven is narrow and less traveled while the other way is wide with bumper to bumper traffic. But instead, my answer was "Like Daddy and I, Jesus loves you, no matter what!" Stealing lines from a video recently emailed to me, I said, "Jesus won’t love you more if you’re real good and won’t love you less if you’re real bad. He loves you no matter what and so do I."  At church, I learned His love, grace, blessings, and salvation are not based on works, well that and John 3:16. I remember making fun of the Jehovah Witnesses because they'd work so hard for what they can't buy. We use to sing songs, “You can’t get to heaven in roller skates, you’ll roll right by those pearly gates.” Nope, I know His love is not based on works. But Jesus loves me this I know. . . He will bless you 7 fold, if you tithe and give generous offerings. He’ll give you a ticket to heaven, if you’re baptized in Jesus name among other things. He’ll move mountains if you just have faith. So, on the flip side, if you don’t give He won’t bless, if you’re not dunked, He’ll turn away and if you’re found with doubt, He won’t lift a finger? That kinda sounds like work, a lot of work. Please God, teach me love my children as (I'm beginning to think and hope) You love me, no matter what.

Comments

Barbara's blog said…
If it all depended on us, why would we have needed Jesus? Our salvation isn't Jesus plus anything else. He did enough!
Michele said…
I wondered how I could love my 2nd as much as my first. I realize now that although I love them both equally, it feels different for each of them. I think it's b/c my 2nd has special needs, my love for her has more fierceness to it. I feel like a mother protecting her cub. My first child is very independent so the love feels different. But like I always tell them, my love is like a pie, and each one has a piece and they are all the same size.

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner