Perfect Little Angels

At the last minute, we decided to take the kids to the wedding. Reluctantly, I called my mom and let her know that we didn't need her to watch the kids. In the car with the other groomsmen, groom, and his son, we began the two hour trek to the little town for the ceremony. Pushing time, hubby drove a little faster than I liked but we made it in one piece with not a minute to spare. In the park's bathroom, I slipped into my wedding attire, dressed little girl, and sprayed everyone down with bug spray. (the mosquitoes were awful)

Taking full advantage of me loading everything back in the car, the kids ran off. Knowing that I or hubby needed to put the fear of God in them and explain proper wedding procedures, they ducked out of sight. Before I knew it, the bride and other bridesmaids arrived and pictures commenced. I was unable to snag a minute in between the photo shoot and the ceremony to talk to the kids. With a deep breath and a silent prayer, the ceremony began. (hopefully hubby talked to them.)

Standing front and center in my designated place, I was in perfect eye sight of my kids. They looked either in total awe or totally drugged. (I don't remember packing the Benedryl) Little Man looked such like a little man in his golf shirt and khaki shorts. Watching the wedding with such interest, caught up in the moment, he looked every bit as handsome as I ever remember. I think he's the only one in the family that can pull off green, he truly made me proud. Little girl sat, big eyed, watching her first wedding in amazement. She looked so beautiful in her dress, the turquoise made her eyes shine as bright as diamonds. She does however need some instruction on how to sit in a dress. Halfway through the ceremony, she was sitting proudly spread eagle, panties flashing the wedding party.

But I want to tell you, they were nothing short of perfect little angels, my kids. I did not have to give one look, they just sat there all reverently and respectful. With the flower girls and ring bearer, they became a little frisky during the reception. Little Man made it onto the wedding video not once, but twice. First, he was caught with his hand up his shirt once again making fart noises during the reception. And then, he snagged a moment at the very end of the video as the bride and groom are driving away, you can hear him in the background,

"HEY, MOM! SISTER'S IN THE BATHROOM! SHE POOPED!"

The video faded to black and that was, what I consider, the perfect ending.
(I hope they don't edit it out, it was a classic.)

Comments

Amber said…
They were perfect little angels. No adults sitting by them or anything. :) WOW

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner