Smelling the Roses

All things considered, this could have been a terrible day. I'm extremely tired, incredibly moody, and have zero patience. But, I made it through the day without so much as a . . . . . knockdown, drag out fight with hubby ( we did have a pretty intense argument, however) . . . . . the kids somehow escaped mom's wrath without even a spanking (this is definitely a miracle considering we grocery shopped at Walmart). . . . . and finally I managed to have a productive day at work (even in a foggy state from the night-time cold medicine I took not for a cold, but for sleep at 5 this morning) Impressive, I know!

Through it all, I even found some cute moments that made me laugh. Heading out the door to grab dinner (definitely wasn't going to cook tonight), Baby girl says, "You is Crazy!" Little man replies, "No, I'm Not! I'm your brother."

Sigh. . . . . My kids, one minute making me crazy, the next making me smile.

Little Man's collecting rock fossils. He's sure that he's going to find one that will make us rich." Baby Girl's collecting walnuts. She seems to think the squirrels around our house have more than they need, so she's gathering them for Grandma's squirrels. She cracks me up when talking about them. "Hey Mom, Look at My Nuts. . . . . . . . I've got some Big Nuts. . . . . . . Daddy, Where's My NUTS?" Hubby and I just laugh every time she mentions "her nuts." However, hubby's not finding any humor in the stacks of rocks and piles of nuts in his garage.

People say you've got to stop and smell the roses. . . I think these moments are the roses their talking about.

After dinner, Little Man stands in front of the candy machine and asks, "Mom, do you have any cents?" My answer, "No, I lost all my sense a LONG time ago!" (Smile)

Still no Spell Check, weird!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manicures, Massages, and Margaritas

Tutoring Moments

Shawndra Turner